|It hasn't been a recession...It's a transition to a whole new economic model.|
Here's what Warren Buffett suggested to cure the economy...During an interview on CNBC. If combined with PeopleFirst Leadership in business and the transition to value based capitalism it could be the start of a great opportunity for everyone.
Buffet told CNBC, "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,". "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months and 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.
Warren Buffet is asking people to forward this as an email, to a minimum of twenty people on their address list and in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around. The results would be increased opportunity and the possibility of a higher standard of living for people today and in the generations that follow.
Let's get this past...The Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present &future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen.
Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
"Interesting thoughts...Could be game changer if combined with business leaders realizing that the selfish intentions of business damage their business and they begin to operate based on helping, serving and doing what's best for their employees and customers...PeopleFirst Leadership Is the best solution and path to a successful 'new economy'!" Mike Moore